As I’ve decided not to start big projects until next year (this resolution does not stop me from bying more and more stuff for my stash though), the last weeks of 2015 will be marked with several small finishes.
Today it’s the Kawaii Vault dweller – nice, small, and very S.P.E.C.I.A.L
Continue reading “One more Fallout finish!”
Hi everybody, this is a quick post with some important news that I want to share! Four of my temari balls are up for auction held by a Pret-a-Kote charity boutique. All proceeds will be used to help stray and rescued cats.
If you’re curious, you can take a peek at the auction itself here: https://vk.com/meow_boutique_pretakote
Just for the fun of it – a gif showing how the Vault dwellers wedding project was made 🙂
OK, the project is not finished yet, because the idea is to make a postcard. But the stitching is complete, and looks like this:
Right now I understand that I should have placed something on the photos for size reference. The actual stitching is very small, about 9 cm in height (3.5 ”) and 8 in length (3.2 ”).
For my next step I have to find a postcard blank and mount the stitching in. Hopefully the result will be as pretty as I imagine it 🙂
A little update on my progress with the trees project, that I started after returning from Singapore. I love miniature patterns! A day or two, maybe a week of work, and you already have something to show:
As you can see, I finished the oak part (top left), and moving fast onward with three other trees (top to bottom: apple, juniper, willow). The cross stitching here is no problem at all, but there also is a lot of back-stitching, which is much complex. Well, I designed this pattern and thus brought this onto myself 🙂
The next big idea I have is to make a postcard out of this project. But I have never tried making cross stitch postcards before. Do you know any good tutorials on how to do it?
Today is the day when I can finally tell you, that I did it! The Fallout wedding project is finished, framed and ready to go to it’s new owners. And right now I have some very mixed feelings about it.
But first things first, here’s a photo:
As you probably remember, I stitched this for my half-sister, who’s wedding is coming up this Saturday. It is a custom project, I made the pattern, chose the canvas, stitched it and was oh-so-very proud of myself. But then I had to get it framed, and as it is a present, moreover – a wedding present – I decided that I would not do it myself and would rather pay professionals to do it properly.
I got my stitching back yesterday, and was even more happy right until I unpacked it. The first photo was tweaked a bit, and here is the original. Can you see the problem here? Continue reading “One finish, one disappointment, and one wedding coming up”
Good news at last! Last week I finally completed the Vault dwellers couple for my sister. And it would be a post of pride if I hadn’t forgotten to make a photo 🙂 But I did, and as for now the finished work is being framed (not in detective stories kind of way) – so no photos until next week. Anyway, the whole picture looks great and I really hope that Katie will like it as much as I did 🙂
So this week I started something new. This is a pattern with different types of trees that I designed for my Etsy shop. Somehow I decided to stitch it first and post on Etsy after – no idea why. It is very small and I hope to use it for a postcard.
Progress so far:
Continue reading “WIP and (almost) a finish”
At this point I feel almost like a marathon runner. I never actually ran a marathon, but I imagine that at the end all athletes feel like “Come on, myself, hang on just a little bit longer…” That’s exactly my point in this Fallout project 🙂 As for now it looks like this:
As you can see, the boy and girl are fully stitched, as is the date and the names of bride (my half-sister, in case anybody forgot) and the groom. There is only one thing left to stitch, and that is the line “Love never changes” underneath the couple.
I hope that next Wednesday I will happily write a post on completing my Vault Couple project. While as for now I can only post another photo of my progress, which is quite plausible, because the couple is almost stitched. Hopefully the date and text won’t give as much trouble.
Skipped several days this week and did not work on my Vault boy and girl project. But then – uh-oh! – I realised that the deadline is inevitable and tried to speed up a little. Here is my current progress:
Continue reading “WIP Wednesday: Vault boy and girl”